For those of you who send me forwards, most of you know that I normally don't reply to them. But when I am named on someone's blog to complete something, I feel obligated. Alyson has 'tagged' me. For more information, click on her blog to the right....
So here it goes....
Tag Request #1
My 6 most interesting quirks:
1) I love to get the mail. I don't care if all that is there is junk and bills... I still love it. I always have. There is always a chance that there might be something else there, like a letter/card from someone or a check.... Bonham and I are very fortunate that sometimes money just comes to us in the mail when we need it the most... weird.
2) I have to brush my teeth when I get out of the shower. Even if I shower in the middle of the day. I know that I should brush my teeth 3 times a day, but I don't - who does that? Anyway, I normally shower in the morning (which is now afternoon with my different schedule), but on the rare occasion that I take a mid-day shower, it feels weird to not brush them.
3) Some of my long time friends can remember that I have never been a morning person and that I have to be the first one to talk in the morning or the whole day is ruined. Well, you will be happy to know that I have gotten over that since being married and having children, so I am not sure if that one still counts since I don't do that anymore, but these are hard to come up with....
4) I, like Alyson, LOVE to make lists. My dad is also a big time list maker, so I guess I got that from him. Bonham knows how much I love to make lists, so he lets me make lists for him too. I am so obsessed with list making that I have to keep a pad of paper and pen on my night stand, just in case.... you have the best ideas and remember things as you are drifting off to sleep and you can never remember the thought in the morning.
5) I am a music lover and when I am listening to one of my favorite songs, I have to listen to the whole thing without interruption whenever possible. So if it's a CD and we are in the car and someone wants to talk, I have to stop the CD so that we can talk and then I will start the song over and ask for silence.... that sounds really rude, but I say it as nice as I can. Bonham didn't take long to learn this about me. =)
6) When I fold the laundry, I have to get a separate basket to throw the socks in. When I come across a sock, I just throw it in there until all of the other clothes are folded and then I fold the socks last.
Okay, that was hard. I am sure that I have so many more quirks that I just can't think of right now. I know that I used to have a lot more that I have either outgrown or I just don't have the time to be as quirky!
Tag Request #2
Me, Me, A to Z
A: Attached or Single? Attached to Bonham
B: Best Friend? The obvious answer would be my husband, but someone once told me that he doesn't count.... but I think that they are stupid, so I am going to say, 'Bonham'. What are you going to do about it? LOL
C: Cake or Pie? Cake with ice cream. Cake is always better with ice cream. Heck, anything is better with ice cream.
D: Day of Choice? I like Friday, I has always liked Friday because you normally would get a check that day (at most jobs) and you also knew that the weekend was only a few hours away, but now my days are so messed up... I don't know yet what my favorite day is.
E: Essential Item? My strawberry chapstick, of course. =)
F: Favorite Color? Purple
G: Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms? Gummy worms. The bears are normally not as gummy.
H: Hometown? Born in Fort Worth; graduated in Azle and live in Abilene.... I don't know how to answer that.
I: Favorite Indulgence? I nice dinner date out with my husband. I have always loved to eat out.... with someone serving you and then you just leave the dishes on the table and walk away - what could be better? For those you who read my last post, you will understand this next comment: Bonham said that we can't go out to eat until we have saved up for the FPU 'emergency fund'... it may be a while. =)
J: January or July? January - I have always like the winter more than the summer time. And that is when my anniversary is too!!
K: Kids? 2 beautiful babies.... Jayna is 2 1/2 and Barrett is almost 3 months old.
L: Life isn't complete without? Laughter and jokes. I was very fortunate to find a man that understands my sense of humor and likes to joke and have fun as much as I do.
M: Marriage Date? Saturday, January 8th, 2005. This is also the birthday of someone very special... do you know who? My friend Mandy! She just got married this last April, but not on my birthday - it was the day after. Kind of funny, huh? Oh yeah, and January 8th is Elvis's birthday too.
N: Number of brothers and sisters? 1 older brother, Jeff.
O: Oranges or apples? Oranges.
P: Phobias? I don't know that I really have any phobias to speak of. There are things that scare me though. I probably do this to myself, but I am very scared of me or someone in my immediate family being the victim of some type violent crime. I have read too many books and I look at every stranger as a potential threat. It probably didn't help that my dad was a police officer and my Mamo was a detective and together they warped my young mind into thinking that I am surrounded by predators. I don't think that they did it intentionally, they just did it to protect me, but they got the wheels turning early and as I grew up, I was obsessed with reading about or watching shows/movies about rape, murder, etc. Okay, I'll stop freaking you out now. =)
Q: Quotes? "Insanity is the doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." Albert Einstein
I have known this quote for a long time and every time I hear it, I think to myself, 'Yes, that is right. I am going to do things differently." And then I don't... maybe I should put it on my list of things to do - stop being insane! LOL
R: Reasons to smile? I have mentioned this before and I don't mean to dwell on it, but we are so blessed. I am not one to use that term a lot, but it is so true. When I hear stories of other people that have it so hard, I can't help but thank God that Bonham and I are so blessed. I strive to be more humble and thankful for what I have. And I will be honest, it's hard to stop and thank God some days because we are so rushed and caught up in our daily lives, but I am trying to make it a priority.
S: Season of choice? Spring - I like when it is still a little cool outside, but things are starting to bloom and turn green again and we can play outside.
T: Tag 5 people? I'm sorry to do this to you, but I know that some of you have done it to me in the past and I never responded..... You can email me or this would be your excuse to start your own blog! Here are the nominees: Staci, Bobbie Jo, Sage, Aunt Laura and Mom (and just in case they chose not to read this insanely long blog.... Here are three more: Nicole, Jodie and Mandy
U: Unknown fact? Sometimes I forget the alphabet. LOL For those of you who already read this, it was an oversight. To be honest, I can't think of anything and if I could and then I told you, it wouldn't be unknown anymore...
V: Vegetable? Green beans, if I had to choose....
W: Worst Habit? Talking too much. I have always, always talked a lot and sometimes I try not to talk as much, but I can't stand silence - It drives me crazy!!!
X: X-Ray or Ultrasound? Ultrasounds are cool because you can see the picture right there and most of the time they are because you are pregnant, which is a cool thing. X-Rays are boring and it normally means that you broke something or you have something wrong with you.
Y: Your favorite food? Ice Cream - did you really wonder about this answer?!?
Z: Zodiac sign? Taurus - I think that's a bull or something.
Okay that took forever, but I still feel like I have so much more to say.... I may post something else later tonight (this morning), because I probably won't be able to post anything for the next few days, because I will be working. But for now, I have to go clean the house and walk on the treadmill. See you later friends!
5 comments:
So if you've "tagged" me and I don't have a blog... does that mean I still have to do it?????? LOL
Aunt Laura
Aunt Laura, you can email me your answers....
crap. i was thinking the same thing as aunt laura...
6 quirks, interesting or not:
1) i'm fickle. I change my mind constantly. options are my enemy but if i have none i become insubordinate. it's really a lose- lose situation for everyone around me.
2) i ALWAYS cover the toilet seat in public restrooms. sometimes i do it at strangers' homes, although i try to make it a point not to enter the homes' of people I don't know.
3)i love fruit so much i will eat it until i get physically ill. rasperries are my favorite, but i will eat anything, as long as it's fresh. not a big fan of processed fruit.
4)i floss daily. i enjoy flossing, i feel accomplished when i pull something from between my teeth. it's almost like i won a prize.
5)i love music. and i am attracted to boys who play instruments. i think i love the passion and soul that goes into making music and i think that somehow translates to my love for music, which in turn translates into my love for boys who play music. blah blah blah.
6)if i could afford it, i would be in school forever. learning is my passion and college is my favorite past time.
i don't have time for A-Z right now. maybe later...
Loved the blog!! I'm so proud of you for doing it! FYI--I meant to say that you could pick which tag you wanted to do, but I forgot! =) So A+ for you for doing both!! Talk to you soon! Give the kids a kiss for me!
Post a Comment