Most of you have probably heard of Dave Ramsey. He is a financial guy that has this class that offers tips to people on how to overcome debt and build wealth. I have always thought that he has had some good points, but I never could get myself to buy into everything he said. This was mainly because his big thing is to pay cash for everything and I worked in the finance industry, where if people paid cash for everything, then it meant that I would have been out of job! I have loved to use credit ever since I can remember. I corrupted Bonham!!! LOL! =) Anyway, we are learning together how to be more financially responsible.
My sweet mother-in-law, Julie offered to pay for the course if we wanted to go. I asked Bonham and to my surprise, he did. Bonham and I had always agreed about the Dave Ramsey, so I didn't think that he would want to go. It is a 13 week course that started this last Wednesday and Bonham had to go alone because I had to work, but I will be able to go every other week. There is a workbook and CD's that I can listen to so that I won't miss out. But Bonham is very pumped about it and he said that he really wants to stick to it strictly so that we can see if it really works. Here's hoping!
Now, I am sure that some of you are wondering why I chose this topic to blog about. I don't know why... I guess it's just fresh on my mind this morning and I don't have any pictures of the kids to post.
My job is going well. I like the night shift. There is more of an opportunity to learn things from the nurses. I got called in on my night off, so I have 58 hours so far this week. I am supposed to be off until Monday night, but we will see if they call. We need the money, so I'm not complaining about the overtime! Next month, my Nurse Manager is going to let me take the CNA course and then they also want me and another girl to take a Nursing Clerk course. I am hoping that both of these will justify a raise. I know that getting my CNA will and then I can do some home health outside of the hospital.
Since I started working the night shift, I have lost 4 lbs, so I have lost a total of 5 lbs!!! Only 23 more to go before Christmas!!!
Anyway, I am sure that your eyes are tired and so are my fingers... I will say good night, or good morning.... and Alyson, I will respond to you 'tagging' me. And thank you to my loyal readers (that I know of).... Sage, Bobbie Jo, Staci, Alyson, Aunt Laura and my mom...
1 comment:
We did Financial Peace University and it was awesome. We kept up with it for awhile, but have fallen off in the last year. Maybe we'll be inspired by you guys to get going again! Sounds like you're pretty busy with work--that is great! Mabye we can plan on making a visit out to Abilene in October. We'll talk soon! (And no pressure on the tag!!)
Post a Comment