Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkeys, Hams, & Bears, Oh My!!!!

We had a good Thanksgiving break... and we ate too much, of course!!! We went to my Aunt Kelley's to eat on Thursday and we had a good time hanging out and pigging out! =) She had ham (our favorite). Even though we had ham at my family's Thanksgiving last weekend.... it was good there too and I'll bet that if someone offered us ham for next weekend, we'd eat that too!

We didn't have a DJ gig this weekend, and it almost felt like we were playing hookie.... we weren't, but it's very rare for us to not have to be somewhere. I kept thinking, 'Was I supposed to do something or be somewhere today?'

I'm pretty sure that we weren't supposed to do anything important today except have some fun at the ZOO!!! So that is exactly what we did!!!

Here is Jayna showing off her zoo pass:
Barrett doesn't have one.... sorry, Bear!The first place that Jayna always wants to go when we get to the zoo....
See the Flamingos!!!
All of them were sleeping...

This was the first time that we took the kids down to the 'Texas Wild' section. And we didn't really know what to expect. We didn't know that they had all of these things for kids and we weren't prepared to pay for a train ride, carousel ride, ice cream, etc. And we didn't... kids are so awesome in the way that you can get them refocused on something else so easily (most of the time). =)

This is free and was fun for them to get into. And we got some cute pictures too!


Jayna, AKA, the Superstar!
Barrett, AKA, the Navigator!



All around the zoo exhibits, they have these phones that you can pick up and listen to facts about animals in and around the exhibit. Very Cool!

Admiring the Bald Eagle and trying to explain to Jayna why it is a symbol for our country... I would have passed the conversation over to Bonham, because he is the History-man, but he was wrangling our other one...

Jayna has the wingspan of a Barn Owl.... interesting. Maybe she will scare away any rodents that try to come in the shed or the house or the yard... I know it's a lot to ask a 4 yr. old to stand around like this for hours, just to scare away mice we haven't even seen yet.... but she's a trooper! hahaha
This was something that Jayna couldn't stop talking about doing again! She couldn't wait to show Bonham the birds and how she feeds them. This trip with feeding the birds was actually a lot better than the first time (you know, the time that I took them and got some great shots and then deleted all of those pictures.... I shouldn't have brought it up again - now I'm sad again.) J/K These pictures are cute too....






'The Bird-Whisperer',
The Man!
Calk, Bonham Calk

They loved feeding the birds and birds love to eat. Can you say, 'Win-Win'?

We went to see the Tigers and only got one picture.....
These next few pictures are HiLaRiOuS!!!!
Jayna's turned out cute, but then Barrett and the gorilla
couldn't get on the same page for their picture together....
See Below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you noticed that my regularly scheduled post about WW was not up this last week.... I wasn't able to make it my Tuesday meeting. I thought about trying to get into another meeting to weigh in, but time got away from me.... I don't know what the numbers will look like this coming Tuesday, but hopefully, it's a loss of some sort. I still have so much to lose. There is no reason to put it off - now is the time!!! So, Let's Do This!!! =)
I'll update you more on the things going on around here very, very soon!

No comments: