Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween 2013 (Updated)

For the past few years we have had the same routine... pizza at Mamo's house, trick-or-treat around her neighborhood and stop by a few other friends or family members houses.  Each year, we seem to add a friend or two, so it makes for more time in the car driving to their houses, but it's fun and the kids enjoy it.  Luckily, all of our stops are in the same city.  I hope that the people we visit are just as delighted to see us each year.  :)

Each year, I have wanted to kids to dress in something themed and I have only been successful 2 (and a half) years - I'll explain in more detail below.  Jayna wants to be a princess or fairy every year, so I have tried to coax her to be something else or I have to try to work Barrett's costume around hers.  This year, I had them both on board to be clowns and I was going to dress George up too.  Well, do you think they sell clown outfits anymore?  Let me answer that for you - no, they don't!  Unless you want to be the clown from the movie  IT (scary).  No thank you!

So this year when we went to pick out costumes and I quickly realized that the clowns weren't happening, I asked Jayna what else she would like to be... immediately she said, "Well, I like to be a princess... but I was that two years ago and a queen last year... maybe a fairy princess this year!"  Oh brother.  Here we go.

Jayna and I are going up and down the isles looking for her a good costume.  If you know Jayna or if you have read any of my posts where I talk about buying her clothes, you might understand why this is hard for us.  Jayna is 7 1/2 years old and she is a solid girl.  She always has been.  She is currently wearing shirts, dresses, and pants that range from 12 (but just barely) to 14/16.  I have even purchased women's size 2s for her in some things.  With that being said, everything we looked at in her size is not appropriate for her age.  Bonham told me that I will have to learn to sow by next year.  Ha!  Okay... we'll see how that goes. 


Before I post pictures of their costumes for this year, I wanted to throw in some pictures from previous years....
Halloween 2006: (Jayna's first)
Jayna as a lady bug...

(this is the worst picture, but it's saved really small on the computer)
 
 Halloween 2007:
Jayna had two costumes... a lady bug (again) from Nana and Papa
And Bedtime Bear that I picked out
I couldn't find digital copies, so I scanned in my printed copies:

 
 
Halloween 2008: (Barrett's first)
Jayna was a princess (this is where it started)
Barrett was a Burrito (get it?) Bear-ee-toe No?  Oh well, we got it!

 
 
 
Halloween 2009:
Jayna as Little Bo Peep and Barrett as a Lion
(this is the year that I consider the 1/2 year - I wanted him to be a lamb, but wasn't able find a lamb/sheep costume for a toddler.  We figured that lions attack sheep and the Bo Peep watches over sheep, so they kind of go together, right?)

 
 
Halloween 2010:
Jayna and Barrett as Super Boy and Super Girl
(this is probably my most favorite of all of the years' costumes)

 
 
Halloween 2011:
Jayna as a princess and Barrett as the Frog
(Princess and the Frog theme - victory!)

 
 
Halloween 2012:
Jayna as a queen and Barrett as Woody from Toy Story
Aunt Kelley took Jayna shopping for a 'Jesse' (the cowgirl from Toy Story) since Bonham and I were at the hospital with Barrett (this was during his surgery time-frame).  They didn't have her size, so Jayna was able to get a queen outfit out of it! 
 
Halloween 2013:
Jayna is Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz
Barrett is  Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.
George has on a shirt that says, "Don't scare me.  I poop easily"
(Bonham was behind the curtain.  George isn't quite ready for the bumbo seat, so we only took one picture before Bonham grabbed up)
 They were able to dress up for church tonight, so I wanted to snap some pictures. 
 These kids look so tired after school...
 Until I say, "Smile like I am going to give you a million dollars!"
That makes them perk up!
 
 I will try to get some pictures tomorrow. 
George is probably going to squeeze into his pumpkin outfit tomorrow..
 
 
 
Stay tuned for 30 Days of Thankfulness!

No comments: