Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Carving Fun!

You might remember that we went to the pumpkin patch last Friday to pick our pumpkins for this year and take pictures... well, today we carved the big one!  We didn't have enough time for the kids to work on their small/individual pumpkins, so I might have another post about that later.  I don't want to back-track in future posts, so I am going to throw some other pictures and such in here too.  I'm sure you don't mind, right?  ;)

This week is Red Ribbon Week (Drug Awareness) at school.  Everyday, the kids have a theme to dress up.  Monday - Dress Crazy Day, Tuesday - Pajama Day, Wednesday - Twin Day, Thursday - Hero Day, and Friday - Construction Worker Day.  On Monday, the kids dressed in mis-matched clothes and I did a bunch of pony-tails for Jayna.  When they got home from school, Jayna told me that she and her teacher were the only ones dressed up!  She said she didn't mind, because she and Ms. Beck got their picture taken together.  Maybe they will make the yearbook!  That would be cool.

Today's outfits:


 
Let the pumpkin carving begin!  Bonham is such a good sport to cut this up and help the kids while I take pictures and stay clean!  :)
 The classic "Act like you are going to eat it" pictures...
 
 I love that Barrett will dive right in!  Jayna likes the idea of it, but doesn't like the goo, so she normally touches it a little and then washes her hands and loses interest.

 Barrett was pretending to wash his hands in the seeds.  He isn't affected by the goo at all.

 
 Dig in Bear!
 

 
This is what George was doing while they were working on the pumpkin:
 I'm sure next year it will be a different story!
 
Barrett wanted me to take a picture of him with this big chunk of pumpkin.  It's not often that Barrett asks me to take his picture, so when he does, I try to take advantage of it!
 
Are you going to eat that?
 

As soon as we found out that we were having a baby during the fall, I instantly knew that I wanted to do a picture with a baby in a pumpkin!  The problem is that George doesn't hold his head up on command or smile on command... So this is the best we could get!




 
And then trying to pose the older two while George is having a melt-down...
 
George can only take so much of this...
 
I quickly bathed him and then Bonham and the kids finished the carving.  Jayna picked one eye type and Barrett picked the other.  (I didn't take any pictures of those steps)
Here is the final product:
 And after dark:
 
Also today... I took some pictures of George under his new play mat:




Yes, I take a lot of the same pictures of the same baby, in the same outfit, on the same day, in the same position... he's just so cute and with every shot, his face is slightly  different!
 
Also, George and I used the baby sling today.  This is the third time that we have used it and he seems to like it okay.  The first time that I tried to put him in it, he cried, but I didn't really know what I was doing (not that I completely know now).  Anyway, I hope to continue to use it more as he grows.  I like the idea of having him close to me and still having the use of at least one, if not two, hands.


Doesn't he look cozy?  Or confused.... one of those!

 
And lastly, today... I prepared our Thankful Tree.  The idea behind this is that in the month of November, the kids will write what they are thankful for on a leaf and then add it to the tree.  By the end of the month, the tree will be full.
 
 
In that same spirit I am going to blog each day in the month of November to talk about something that I am thankful for.  I am calling it "30 days of Thankfulness"!  I created this blog to share a piece of me and my family with others.  I feel that as my readership has grown, I have become more guarded.  I don't think that I share as openly as I used to... I guess I worry that I will offend someone.  In this day and age where my customers could google me and find my innermost thoughts is kind of scary.  I am a good person and I think they could see that from this blog, but what if I say something that makes them not want to work with me?  These are the thoughts that go through my mind with each blog entry. 
 
I am going to use these days and posts to get back to the real me.  I don't get mushy-gushy a lot, but some of these posts might border on that... my apologies now.  :)  I use sarcasm a lot, as you have probably read into here many times.  I like to laugh and have a good time and I want my readers to get a laugh occasionally from this blog.  But I also feel like it's important to share some things on a serious level too.
 
This is going to be a big undertaking, since November is the month that I will be returning to work, I now have 3 children, we will be out of town some, and I have never blogged that much in one month... ever!  Wish me luck!
 

No comments: