Monday, October 7, 2013

More Pictures...

I guess that I was so tired last week when I did the last post that I didn't realize that I posted that blog entry on George's due date!  I guess I am more sleep-deprived than I thought!  :)
From the last blog post, I also realized that I left out some things I wanted to share, but it was already such a long post... I have a feeling that I will either tell some of the same stories again or I will completely forget to post them on here.  I am doing the same thing with George's baby book.  I am trying to a better job of documenting things for the kids in scrapbooks, etc., but I always feel like I am missing something.  I guess something is better than nothing though.

So on with the pictures...

My friend, Bobbie Jo took this picture of George in the hospital and I just love it!

Our first few days home...
We had a visit from Uncle Robbie, Aunt Erin, Emerson, and Brielle:

 
it started with a Brielle and George and then Jayna and Barrett came in...
 
and then Emerson...  LOL
This is how Aunt Erin would look with 5 kids - still smiling!



The next day, we had a visit from Aunt Rachel, Uncle Chris, and Claire:
George is trying to eat Claire in this picture...

Claire is 3 1/2 months older than George 

Rachel made us the most delicious lasagna and peanut butter pie!  


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Time for some brother bonding...
 
When Barrett first held him, he said that he was too heavy and he didn't want to hold him too long. 
Now, he every time he holds him, he says, "I want to try to break my record" (meaning he wants to hold him longer than he did before)  He's such a boy!

 
Barrett thought this was hilarious!
 
Sweet baby sleeping on the way home from a doctor's appointment:
 
George has a TON of clothes, but since he is so small, we only have a few outfits that fit him right now.  In a few more pounds, he will have a much wider selection of clothes to choose from!
But for now, this is my favorite outfit to put him in! 
 
And I love when he sleeps how he puts his hands by his face.  I swaddle him at night, but during the day, I let him sleep a little more freely. 
And I only place him on the boppy for pictures... he doesn't sleep here)
 
Our first attempt at tummy-time!  haha!  Just kidding, I just wanted a picture of his little bum!  :)
 He just slept right through me posing him!
 

I love when I can capture some little smiles when he is sleeping.  And I really look forward to when he will have responsive smiles for us.  I think he will have a beautiful smile based on what we have seen so far... 

 
 He sleeps a lot...
 
 
I took these pictures when George was 1 week old:
 I thought about setting a stuffed animal next to him, so that I could use that gauge his growth over time, but I couldn't decide which one to use, so I guess I will save that for his 'monthly' pictures
 
I tried to block the light, so that he would open his eyes...
 
Let's be honest, he sleeps A LOT!  ;)

 
This last Saturday, Jayna had a softball and it was cold, so Barrett, George, and I sat in the car.  My mom was out of town and Bonham had a Men's Ministry Meeting at church, so my dad took her out there.  She has gotten so much better at softball since last season!  I love to watch her make plays and to see the enjoyment that she gets out of it!
 
Here are some pics of us in the car... staying warm!
 
Aw, George wants to kiss mommy! (or eat mommy, either way...)

 
Going to the game wore us out!

This past Sunday, we had a visit from my in-laws, but I didn't take any pictures.  :(  But I was able to copy pictures from my mother-in-law's phone.  Yay!  She was able to get some really good shots from the day George was born and the day after.  I will try to post some of those another time.
 
I hope you have enjoyed the pictures! :)


No comments: