Sunday, October 27, 2013

Jayna's Rock-tober Program

Jayna had her first program of the year and she had her own line!  Bonham lettered in theatre and I used to sing and like to perform, so this is very exciting for us to see our little girl take interest in performing arts.  Jayna has always liked to be the center of attention (not sure where she gets that from...), so doing something like this seems only natural. 

She has been practicing her line for a few weeks now and Bonham and I encouraged her to put some feeling into it.  We also talked to her about not rushing through the line, etc. We didn't want to overwhelm her with things to remember, but if you have ever been to children's program, you can barely understand most of the kids that have speaking roles. 

The day of the program, there was a dress rehearsal at the school and the rest of the school attended that.  Jayna was telling us at dinner that she saw Barrett in the audience and she said, "Hi Bear-bear" and that it picked up in the microphone.  And she and Barrett laughed.  We laughed too and then said, "Okay, don't do that tonight."  "And don't waive either..."  Jayna is notorious for waiving at us when she sees us and she will waive at us over and over again during her performances.  We told her to try to "stay in character".  Too much?  Haha!  It's fun.

So we get there and there are literally NO Seats!  So we find a place against the wall and when the curtains open.... EVERYONE starts waiving!  Of course!  Then I felt bad, because Jayna just stood there and smiled at us.  Oh well, she is that much further ahead in her theatre career, right?  :)
 
 
Here are some pictures and a video of that night:
Our sweet girl, ready for her performance
 
 Barrett and Nana waiting for the program to start:



 See her?  :)
 







 And the big moment....
 Her line is: "It's that time of year when strange sounds are heard, but don't you fear. 
That would be absurd"
The video is a little fuzzy, because I tried to zoom in. 
It is better on a regular computer versus a phone though.
 
Jayna did such a good job and we are so proud of her!
 
 
The school was selling DVDs of the performance, so of course we ordered one!  Barrett has a program in November, but unfortunately Bonham and I will be out of town.  :(  Nana will be in charge of pictures though.  And I am hoping that they will offer DVDs of his program too, so that I can see it.
 



No comments: