Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What's been going on?

So much, but nothing... is that possible?  The days are full of stuff, but it's just that, stuff!  We seem to be so busy these days.  We have something going on almost every day of the week.  Of course, the kids have school Monday-Friday, softball practice 1-2 nights a week, piano lessons (for Jayna) once a week, church on Wednesday night, softball game 1 night a week and/or on Saturday, church on Sunday, homework mixed in, and then trying to have some regular family time!  Haha!  Man, I am tired just trying to type all of that.  And that's just a normal week.  Not to mention trying to add in a doctor's appointment here and there, running to the grocery store, Bonham helped a friend with some remodeling, etc.  Are we crazy?!?  :)  Having this busy of a schedule makes me worry about returning to work and trying to balance it all.  I've done it before, so I know it can be done!  I am very fortunate to have Bonham though.  Without him, a lot of these things wouldn't get done.  He is at church with the big kids right now, while I am home with George.  He handles the piano lessons, softball practices, picking up and taking the kids to school, yard stuff, house stuff, you name it...  Jealous ladies?   ;)

I have more pictures of everyone.  I have a lot of George, because we are together all day, but I am hoping to get some more of the big kids too!  I don't want this blog to focus just on one child, but it's easy to get carried away with baby talk and baby pics! 

George will be 1 month old on Friday and I am planning on doing a blog about him and his progress, but until then, know that he is growing, growing, growing!  And we are all doing great!  :)

Here are some pictures:
 This boy sleeps a lot!  :)  He still has "baby skin", which means the little baby zits and peeling skin - we are still waiting for it to clear up.  He's still beautiful though!
 
Bath time... he was asleep at first...
 and then he WOKE UP!  Haha!
This picture doesn't show it, but he really does like bath time.
 We swaddle George at night, but for naps, we let him sleep a little more freely and he normally puts his hands up near his face.  I think it's adorable, so I try to snap a picture when I can:
 
Jayna likes to hold him standing up.  I don't let her do it for very long and she's not allowed to walk around with him.  I think she likes to do this because it makes  her feel like a big girl.  She is such a good big sister to both brothers. 
 
A little tummy time.... trying to keep that perfectly shaped head, perfect!
 
He likes tummy time!
 
This picture was from 10/16 (3 weeks old)
This outfit was given to us by my sweet friend, Kim.  I'm so glad that I put it on him and got some pictures, because one more day and it may not have fit him!  He's growing so fast!
 When he is sleepy, falling asleep, or already asleep, he gives these little smiles.  They are so precious!  I can't wait until he is able to give responsive smiles.
 his little bum...
 close up... bright eyes!
 George is still a little jaundice, so I was trying to get him some sun!
 
 
again with the hands...
 
This was the first time that we successfully used the Baby K'Tan.  I tried using baby carriers with the other two kids and they never worked.  Baby carriers are not cheap, so I am hoping that he will continue to like it as he gets older. 
 
More tummy time, but this time with Jayna to keep us company!

post-tummy time!
"Best Little Bro!"

George's original due date was October 3rd and I was looking forward to buying him a cute Halloween outfit.  I held off until we found out how big (or small) he was and that I would be induced early.  I tried to figure how much he would grow between then and Halloween and bought an outfit accordingly.  I wanted to buy one before they ran out of his size.  Well, he has grown so fast and if I waited until Halloween to put this on him, this would have been too small.  I might have to run to the store and get him a bigger one for Halloween!  :) 
 
Big eyes! (and nose)
 
Barrett wanted in on the picture, which is rare.  And of course, George didn't cooperate.  :(
 
(same day)
At Jayna's softball game... Daddy holding him:
 
Here is Jayna up to bat:


 Love this action shot!
 
And then some pictures from today (4 weeks):
I was kind of far away, so George was trying to focus, but his eyes kept crossing...
 when I got closer... they straightened out.  He's so cute!  I just can't stand it!
 
Okay, this photo shoot is over! 
Good-bye!


No comments: