Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy 1 Month Birthday George! AND Pumpkin Pics!

Thanks again to my sister-in-law, Rachel for these "Birthday Month Monkey Ties"!  I love them and wanted to take 100 pictures of George with it on, but he doesn't do much yet... He is pretty stinking cute in my opinion, so even though all of the poses were pretty much the same, I couldn't pick which one I liked the most and which ones I should delete.  Haha!  Bonham told me that I didn't have to delete any of them, but I did go ahead and delete the ones that were blurry in spots.  Hopefully, we will have some smiles in next month's pictures!

 
Can you believe it's already been 1 month?  Where has the time gone? 
Maybe we have slept it away...
I love to see his beautiful blue eyes!  In the past week, George has had more periods of awake-ness (is that a word?) during the day.  He normally has about 2 periods of time that he will stay awake for over an hour.  Other times between naps, he only stays awake for maybe 10-20 minutes.  Long enough to eat, look around, poop, and go back to sleep.  He had a pattern of movement inutero and I predicted that he would have a pattern here too and I was right!  
As for night time, he normally sleeps pretty well for the first stretch (we all get to) and then after his first night time feeding, he realizes that I am trying to put him back in his monkey sleeper and he gets a little more noisy and wants to be back with me.  It makes the next few hours of the night a little more rough.  We have only had a few nights that were bad, so overall, we are doing good there.  I know it could be worse... a lot worse!  LOL
 
 
George has grown quite a bit!  He was 6 lb 5 oz at birth and weighs 9 lb 4 oz now.  He has gained almost 3 lbs since birth.  He is exclusively breastfed and he has been accused (by me and the doc agrees) of over-eating!  I nursed the other two, but this has been the most successful, by far!  I have been able to feed him and pump an additional 12+ ounces a day to store. 
George has started wearing size 1 diapers almost a week ago and he has gone from newborn clothes to his 0-3 month outfits.  And some of those are almost too tight already!
 
 
George has some of the best facial expressions.  I love that when he is sleepy, he gives a little grin... and sometimes, even his regular look has a little smirk...  do you see it?  Maybe I am just crazy!
 
 
George is able to follow items with his eyes.  He loves to hear people talking and our house is rarely quiet, so it works well for everyone.  For the most part, George is a very well behaved, calm baby.  Of course, he has his moments of being upset.  He doesn't like his diaper to be wet, so once he pees, he tells you!  When he has his longer periods of being awake, he will let you know that he wants to go back to sleep, because he will start to fuss.  He sleeps swaddled at night and a little more freely during the day.
 
 
George was a little more fussy today than normal.  He wanted to nurse a little more, so maybe a growth spurt???  Who knows...  everyday is a growth spurt for this guy!
 
 
George loves to go outside!  Bonham will take him out and let him get some fresh air, but of course he comes in sneezing.  He is a Calk after all.
 
 
George also loves his big brother and big sister and they love him.  Everyday, at least one of them will tell me, "Mommy, I'm glad George is here." or "I'm glad we have George." or "George is so cute."  I love that they love him and I hope that it continues...  :)
 
 
For George's 1 month birthday, since he is awake more and following items with his eye, we got him a play mat.  I haven't taken any pictures of him under it yet, but  I will soon.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
We don't really do the pumpkin patch craziness, but we do like to get pumpkins for carving and painting to decorate our front porch.  Today, when we picked the kids up from school, we went to the local farmer's market to pick our pumpkins!
When we were in the car, I prepared Barrett that I am going to want to take his picture.  Barrett is hot and cold when it comes to pictures.  If he's in the mood, great!  If he isn't... well, you don't get any pictures of him.
 
As we were walking in, he sat down and said, "Mommy, take my picture!" 
Yay me!  :)
 
I am going to have to learn how to photo shop, because I don't know that I will be able to get all 3 looking normal, faces unblocked, smiling, sitting up straight, hair looking good, etc.  Oh well, they are still cute!
 
She is so good with him...
 
The silly one...
 
The model...
 
The outdoor lover...
 
Look!  It's a pumpkin hat!
 
Hey, if these weren't $80 each, we would totally get one!  Haha!
 
Stack 'em up!
 
Jayna and the boys:

 
Getting better... I can see all their faces this time!
 
We survived!  I love this weather and I look forward to getting out more and doing some stuff as a family of 5!  Wow!  That still has a "new smell".  ;)

No comments: