On the last post… my blog was somewhat high-jacked!! I try to get Bonham to read what I have written before I post it. It’s nice to have someone to proof it before I push it through. Anyway, I thought that some of the stuff that I wrote was a little funny… not fall-out-of your-chair funny, but a little chuckle. =)
Bonham was completely honest with me and said, ‘It’s not really that funny…’ So he made some adjustments for me and then we published it.
Everyone who knows Bonham, knows that he has a sense of humor and one reason we make such a good match is because we like to laugh and have a good time.
This brings me to a funny little story that I still give Bonham a hard time for….
On January 10, 2005, (2 days after our wedding) Bonham and I were on our honeymoon and we stopped at a Dairy Queen to get a blizzard (surprise). I was enjoying my blizzard and Bonham said, ‘How’s your blizzard?’ I responded with a very serious, ‘It’s probably the best blizzard I’ve ever had.’
If any of you have seen the movie Napoleon Dynamite, it was very similar to when he told the girl, ‘It’s probably the best one I’ve ever done’, talking about his drawing of a Liger (half lion/half tiger). I hope I am remembering this movie correctly…. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen it.
Bonham started cracking up laughing at me and my comment. He told me that it was the funniest thing I had ever said. Ever? Really? We had dated for 13 months before we got married and this was the funniest thing that I had ever said? Lame-O!!!!
I was being totally serious!!! I wasn’t trying to be funny at all. It really was the best blizzard I had ever had! And to this day, I’m pretty sure it’s still the best one! =)
Now, you are probably wondering where this is going…. Well, hold on. I’m getting there…
So then Bonham goes on to say, ‘You know you really aren’t that funny?’ And he’s completely serious. Now, he does this sort of thing all the time… where you think he is being serious, but he’s just pulling your leg, giving you a hard time, etc. And this goes on for a little while… and then the truth comes out: He really doesn’t think I’m funny!!!!! What a blow to my ego!!! And on our Honeymoon!?! He’s such a fool…. Did he not understand how a honeymoon was supposed to work? Maybe his dad should’ve had talked with him beforehand. LOL Oh well, what’s done it done!
Ever since then, we joke about how he’s the funny one. So I have a question for my readers: Do you think I’m funny? Funnier than Bonham? =) You can be honest…. I won’t tell Bonham. After all, I wouldn’t want to bruise his ego! =) Oh man, I forgot that he was going to proof this for me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment