Barrett went for his 15-18 month well baby check and shots yesterday. Bonham took him and had this funny story to share:
The nurse and a student assistant were weighing, measuring and checking Barrett out and he was crying and really wanting nothing to do with them.... which is not his normal M.O. at the doctor's office. They gave him back to Bonham and he calmed down. And then they had him laying on the table and they administered 3 shots... not a peep! Nothing! He didn't wince, groan, cry, moan, gasp... nothing! He just stared at them! Bonham said that it was the funniest thing. And the nurse said that in all of her years of giving shots, she has never had a baby do nothing.
I honestly think that Barrett has CIPA. (I don't really think that he has this.... but he is just so stinking tough!!!)
I'm not sure what his weight and height were. Bonham just told me that he was in the 50th percentile for both, so he is normal! Yea! =) Also, he still has fluid behind his ears, but they aren't infected (right now). We are going to watch it over the holiday season and if the fluid doesn't go away or if he continues to get ear infections, he will be getting tubes in January. This was about the same time that Jayna got them too.
Barrett is starting to talk more, but I just wonder how much more he could talk or how much more clearly he would talk if he didn't have all that fluid.... I wonder what that sounds like to a child??? Interesting to think about....
Have a great day! And tune in tomorrow for something great!! (Or maybe something mediocre, who knows!) =)
1 comment:
Not that this is how it is with Barrett, but my cousin's little boy had fluid--lots of it--in (or behind, or wherever it is) his ears and they didn't catch it for a long time. The doctor said it was like he was hearing as if under water. They didn't get it figured out until he was well over two (and I think it was over three), and once the fluid was removed, his speech really started improving--go figure.
Post a Comment