We finally went back to church today for the first time in about 6 weeks. We were so busy in the month of October… we were out of town, or people were in town, somebody was sick, we were too tired to go (I know, that’s not a good excuse, but it was one that we used). We weren’t able to go the service today, but we were able to go Sunday school and I am so glad that we did. We just started a new lesson this week and it was really good.
It’s kind of funny how easy it is to make church part of your weekend routine and it’s just a part of life… until you are gone for a few weeks and then it is so hard to get back into the routine.
A lot of the friends that we have made at church were there today and it was so good to see them. A good portion of the men in our class are military. When we went today, a lot of people were talking about moving and having to sell their houses…. Its sad getting established at a church and then people have to up and move. One couple that we have become goods friends with, are going to be moving to Missouri after Christmas. They aren’t military, but the husband, Paul is going to be attending a Bible College there, so they are moving. Another couple is moving to England with the military. Another couple might have orders to move – they find out soon for sure what their plans will be. Our small group or Companion Class, as it’s called is fairly small. We have some couples that will visit some and then they are gone for awhile… and then we have some people that come for a long time and miss occasionally and then there are others that never miss. We were ones that never missed for a long time… and then, as I mentioned before, we took a little break. But we are back now!!!
I wanted to tell you a little about the lesson that we started this week. It’s about the Devil. It’s scary to think about the Devil, but he is real and it’s an interesting topic.
I don’t know a ton about the Bible, but I am learning more and more. Bonham is a really good source when I have questions about religion. He was raised in church and he went to a Baptist University, where he was required to take Old and New Testament and something called ‘Chapel’.
Anyway, he is also really, really good at retaining a lot of knowledge. Normally, it is pretty useless knowledge…. But in this case, it’s not useless…. It’s very beneficial and helpful. It’s important to me to be prepared to answer our children’s questions about the Bible, God, Jesus, Salvation, Heaven, etc.
Jayna enjoys us reading the Bible to her and she likes to go to church and sing songs about Jesus. It’s definitely a good start! Now as for Barrett…. He doesn’t like church! He cries every time we drop him off. I am told that he gets better after a little while, but it’s upsetting to have to leave him when he is crying. I wish that he was able to enjoy church like Jayna does. Maybe when he is older he will….
I will have to post more on where this lesson goes and I what I learn.
Until next time…. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment