Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 19: I QUIT!!!

Since I started this 30 day challenge, there have been a few times that I blogged one day and posted the previous day's date, which technically means that I cheated. Some days I have a lot to say and others.... nothing. I think that I have done well. This is my 19th post in one month. I never blog that much. I am ready to go to bed on a regular basis and not worry about what I am going to post today or tomorrow.... I've enjoyed aspects of blogging more often though. Maybe I will try to make two days a week 'designated blogging days'.

I did want to tell you what I did today though.... The weather was really nice this afternoon and Jayna was sick this morning, but she was feeling better. Barrett was taking a nap and Bonham was watching the Cowboys (Go Cowboys). I had gone to take out the trash and realized that Jersey needed fresh water... this reminds me of that book, "When you give a mouse a cookie".... Anyway, so one thing led to another and I ended up bagging up 21 bags of leaves!!!! Insane, I know. We have eight trees on our property and then all of our neighbors have trees and almost all of the leaves have fallen off, so I started raking and kept raking...... and kept raking. I was very proud of myself for finishing it. Usually, when I start something like that, Bonham ends up being the one to finish it for me. About half way through, I was ready to call it a day, but I did that last year and the leaves sat in our yard for a good month! After a little lemonade and a handful of M&Ms (work food), I was pumped and ready to finish! When the game was over, I didn't ask Bonham to help. Instead, I had him do stuff inside! =) He did the dishes and rearranged some furniture.... good man, good man.

Here is a picture of the bags of leaves. It's hard to see all of them, but I counted 21. I should have taken a picture of the yard too, but it was getting dark.
I was pretty tired.....
My little helper.....

2 comments:

Alyson Steiner said...

VERY impressive Woman!!!! I don't think I've ever, in my entire life, raked and bagged up 21 bags of leaves!!! Too bad I wasn't there to jump in them--that's what I like to do!

Don't stress about the blogging--whenever you get to it, do it! I love hearing about the kiddos and seeing great pictures of all of you!

Mandy said...

Hey girl. We have been so incredibly busy. Sorry if I didn't reply to an email... I am asking for a second brain for Christmas! We are good! How about you??