Well, the ‘busy’ season for our DJ business has picked up! We have the 10 DJ gigs over an 11 week period, including this last Saturday! We have two Saturdays free, but one of them is reserved for Barrett’s birthday party and we expecting to book the other one in the next few weeks. Its good extra income, but it is exhausting!!!
Let me give you a timeline of this last weekend:
Friday (after work):
went home and did the normal stuff: dinner, baths, etc. We got everything packed up for the next day, hooked up the trailer…
Saturday:
9:00 a.m. - We headed to my parents’ house in Weatherford
11:30 a.m. – Arrive at my parents’ house, unload the car, Bonham gets ready for job fair
12:15 p.m. – Bonham leaves for the job fair, the kids play outside, we eat lunch
2:30 p.m. – Bonham is back from the job fair, he and I head back to Abilene and leave the kids with my parents
5:00 p.m. (ish) – We arrive back in Abilene, load up a few things for the gig that night and head to Roby, TX
6:30 p.m. – Arrive in Roby and start setting up equipment for the birthday party
8:30 p.m. – 11: 45 – play music, tear down equipment and head back home! =)
Sunday:
1:30 a.m. – Arrive back home in Abilene
9:45 a.m. – Roll out of bed, brush teeth, become presentable enough to out in public, and head out to meet my parents’ and retrieve ‘the goods’ (the kids)
12:00 p.m. – Goods received, thank you Nana & Papa! =)
1:30 p.m. – Get home and be exhausted the rest of the day….
We played outside with the kids yesterday afternoon, did some things in the yard, went to the grocery store and now its Monday… it almost seems like we didn’t get a weekend! Next weekend, our gig is in Eastland, which is about half way between Weatherford and Abilene. We are going to meet up with my parents again, so that they can watch the kids for us. Because of the location of the ceremony in relation to where to reception is, we have to be in Eastland by 4:00, but we won’t be done until 11:00. If you’ve never been in Eastland… that’s a really long time to be there!!! =) We will be busy most of the time, so I guess it won’t be too bad. The bride is really nice and seems easy-going, and that normally makes the night go by quickly.
When it’s over, we are going to stay with my parents; instead of driving all the way back home and then have to drive back to pick up the kids. That is a lot of driving!!! I was looking over our schedule and trying to get sitters lined up for each of the gigs, because I like to plan then all out and my mom and dad are watching the kids 7 out of 11 weekends! If that doesn’t earn you some type of award, I don’t know what would! =) In my family, we aren’t real ‘mushy-gushy’; we always go for more ‘funny’ than sweet, but let’s try sweet….. Mom & Dad: You guys ROCK!!! And Bonham and I really do appreciate you helping us out! Okay, that wasn’t too hard…. But it really wasn’t mushy-gushy either…..
(Insert Funny Story Here:)
The other day, Jayna told me, ‘Mommy, your mom is the greatest’. And I said, ‘Yeah, I know. And your mom is the greatest!’ And then Jayna, in all of her wisdom said, ‘Mommy, you’re my mom!’ and we all laughed. Nothing gets by her! =)
Side Note: I just realized today that I have blogged 91 posts since I started, this one will make 92. I am going to set a goal to make it 100 by the end of April. I think that should be pretty easy… it’s only 8 more over the next 18 days. So stay tuned for more….
No comments:
Post a Comment