On Saturday morning, I realized that I couldn't find my wedding ring before we left to go to the Kiwana's Pancake fundraiser. I didn't think anything of it and we headed out the door...
And then when we got back home, we cleaned up a little and the more I thought about it, the more I wondered where it was....
I know that some people NEVER take their rings off, but I am not one of those people. I take my ring off almost as soon as I get home from work. I don't like to wear it when I am cooking or cleaning. I normally put it in my pocket or certain places in the house. I have washed the pants I was wearing on Friday and it didn't turn up in the wash.... I have checked the places that I normally put it.... and all the little spaces around it, thinking it might have fallen or been moved over... and its not there.
I have asked Jayna several times if she knows where its at. There have been a few times that I've caught her playing with it or she'll come show it off and I have told her that its not a toy. One time she had another ring of mine and she put it in one of Bonham's shoes. We found it a few days later when he went to put it on. And we asked her, 'Jayna, have you seen mommy's ring with the blue and white little rocks in it?' She said, 'Yes, its in Daddy's shoe!' She knew where she had put it, so I figured maybe I'd be as lucky this time. Not so much....
We did tell Jayna that if she found it, we would give her a dollar. She looked for a little while and lost interest. I don't think that she knows where it is....
A little over a year ago, I couldn't find my wedding ring (I'm starting to see a pattern here) and I was walking to the back alley to take out the trash and I happened to look down at just the right time and I saw something shiny! And there was my ring! I was so relieved.
I guess that is one reason that I haven't been as worried. I know that I had it at work on Friday and I vaguely remember taking it off at home, so I am pretty sure that it is in this house somewhere. I am very fortunate to have a husband as laid back as Bonham. He isn't mad or freaking out that I can't find it. I would like to find it. I would like to have my ring, but I know that is just a piece of metal with a stone on it. It sounds kind of heartless to talk that way about your wedding ring, but Bonham and I are both in agreement that we are no-less-married just because I don't have my ring on. It would be nice to find. I really love my ring. Its very me....
So, I guess wish me luck on finding it! Have you ever lost your wedding ring? Or something of similar meaning or importance? Is anyone reading this??? I wonder because there haven't been any comments in a really long time... maybe my blog is boring. I need to do something exciting and get a fan base! Maybe I could try to live on less than $1000 a month.... (Nah!) Maybe I could have 18 kids.... (Nah!) Maybe I could do a give-away..... (Nah!). I guess I will stick with what I have going! Hahaha =) My mom enjoys reading my blog! Right, mom? LOL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
I found the ring right after I posted this, but I didn't have any new ideas to blog about, so this one is staying up here. You might be wondering where it was..... it was right under the love seat in the living room and it stuck out like a sore thumb as I was walking to the living room from the hallway. Its amazing that we missed it so many times. But thats how it works: when you stop looking, then you find it right away! =)
1 comment:
I ALWAYS READ YOUR BLOG! I love it and I hope you find that ring! I am sentimental in many ways and that would be a piece I would be searching for! Good luck! Keep us posted when you find it!
Smiles,
mandy
Post a Comment