Saturday, April 24, 2010

Escaped!!!

Barrett had a rough night of sleep last night which is not like him. He has always been a good sleeper. He goes to bed early and he is normally the last one to wake up. But last night he was crying, so Bonham held him for awhile and then put him back to bed... and then he cried more, so I went and held him and then put him back to bed. He was still awake when I laid him down.

He is very smart for 22 months and if you tell him, 'no more crying', he will usually stop crying. Its more funny than anything. Every night we leave his door closed because he is the first one to go to bed and we don't want to disturb him. But I think that as he gets a little older, he is bothered more by the dark, because he seems to cry less if I tell that I will leave the door open. So I don't close it quite as far and he does good and then when he is asleep, I close it all the way.

So about last night.... I laid him down and left the door open a little and he wasn't crying, so I went back to bed. Less than an hour later, I hear this very pathetic cry in the living room. I sat straight up and said, 'Bonham! Barrett climbed out of his bed!' Bonham was asleep, so it took him a minute to figure what I meant. Then he jumped out of bed and went in the living room and there he was! He was making his way to our room. Little Houdini! LOL

His bed is on the lowest setting and has been for some time. We aren't ready for him to be in a toddler bed yet. With our upcoming move, we would prefer a little change as possible with the sleeping arrangements and we really don't want a 2 year old climbing in bed with us every night! =) So we removed the bottom part of the bed... the metal part that hold the mattress up. And now the mattress is flat on the floor, so he is a good 3-4 inches lower than he was before and he totally protected by the sides of the bed. This should work - for now!

No comments: