Well, it's my birthday too!
I hope that you were singing that in your head!!! Do you know that song? I don't know who sings it, but its catchy. =)
Today is my birthday. I'm 28 years old. I don't feel old, but I can remember meeting people who were 28 when I was in high school and first in college and thinking, 'Dang! Your are old!' Okay, maybe I didn't think that, but something similar. I can remember wondering how they must feel about their youth being gone. They probably didn't think their youth was gone. They probably thought, 'Man, am I glad that I'm not her age anymore!' I do think that now. I am undecided about whether or not I enjoyed being a teenager. I'm leaning more towards 'no' than 'yes'. All those hormonal mood swings (okay, I still have those), all those stupid impulsive decisions (yeah, I still have some of those), and all those stupid boys (thankfully, those are gone!) Yep, I'm glad I'm not a teenager anymore. I'm not however looking forward to being 30. I know people live a lot longer these days and 30 really isn't 'old', but I still don't want to be 30.
I'm going to stop this birthday rant for now. I don't want to offend any of my 'seasoned' readers! =) I'm sure that you have been here though and you can understand these wierd emotions about getting older..... not wanting to be old.... definitely not wanting to be young again. Oh well.
Happy birthday to me... happy birthday to me... happy birhday, dear me.... happy birthday to me! .... make a wish....
No comments:
Post a Comment