It's about time!
Bonham has been signed up sub at a local school district, which will remain nameless (well, until I forget that I said it would and then I accidentally mention in another post). He has been signed up/approved/employed, whatever you want to call it since before school started. We have been told by several people in several districts that you could almost sub everyday in larger districts, but he wasn't receiving any phone calls and nothing was coming up on the sub-finder..... He called and left messages for the sub-coordinator and sent her emails... still no response. Occasionally, an aide job would pop up, but they would be gone just as fast. He was finally able to get in touch with the sub-coordinator earlier this week and she said that there was a computer problem and that he was only signed up for 1st grade & below and aide positions. Well, no wonder! She said that she fixed and almost immediately some jobs came up.... but again, they were aide positions.... no teachers' positions. Not that there is anything wrong with aide positions, but they don't pay as much as the regular teaching positions do per day. So he called her again the next day and she told him that she had corrected and that the jobs just go really fast..... well, later that day, a teaching position came up and he took it!!! We don't really know if the second time he talked to her was when she fixed it or not, but it doesn't matter now... it's fixed and while the jobs still go really fast, at least they are there!!!
Bonham had his first day of school yesterday. He was in a Technology Applications class at a high school. He didn't want me to take his picture, but he finally gave in.... I told him that I would blog about whether or not I had pictures, so it would be good if he would just cooperate. =)
And this is what I got:

He was going to high school, so he needed to get his 'mean face'. This is more like a 'goofy' face, instead of a mean face though....
Okay, now for a real picture.... =)
He is substituting in a Special Ed class today at an Elementary School, so hopefully that goes well for him. Yesterday, after I dropped the kids off at Mother's Day Out and I came back home.... it was so quiet. Too quiet. It gave me an eerie, uneasy feeling. I had to turn on some tunes, just to break up the silence. LOL
Hope all is well... until next time!
1 comment:
Yeah, Bonham!!! It's about time they got it all worked out! Hope you're enjoying all the different places you are going!
Post a Comment