Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mamo Day!!!

Every Wednesday is 'Mamo Day'. I take the kids (and Bonham, when he is not working) and we go see my Mamo (my dad's mom). She enjoys the weekly visits with the kids, getting out of the house and just having someone to talk to! And the kids have the best time with her too!

I am writing this before Wednesday, since we are heading out of town and I have been wanting to post this for a while now. Our plan for Wednesday of this week is to take Mamo to story time at the local library with the kids. We were going to take her last week, but I had to take Jayna to the doctor, so we didn’t make it on time. I think that she will like it… and the kids will too! LOL

In one of our previous visits, we went to a movie (just me, Jayna, and Mamo). We saw Toy Story 3, in 3D. It was a good movie, I laughed, I cried…. =)
Jayna didn’t want to keep the glasses on the whole time. She loves going to the movies and getting popcorn. She ate a half off a large popcorn by herself! A little more than half-way through the movie, I realized why she didn’t want to keep her 3D glasses on… other than the fact that they are made for adult sized heads, the lenses were covered in buttery fingerprints! We switched and I tried to get her to stop touching them. It was so funny!

Mamo was trying to tell to keep them on to take the picture...Now, give me a BIG CHEESY smile!

********************************************************


Most Wednesdays, we go to lunch and we will either go play at McDonald’s or Chuck E. Cheese. Mamo is like a big kid! She is so fun! Last Wednesday, we went to the park to swing and slide, etc. The kids had a great time, and it looks like Mamo did too! Just look at these pictures:

Mamo had climbed up on the play ground. I thought that she was just going to walk around there with Barrett, and then I looked over and she was starting to slide!!! I couldn't get my phone out fast enough to take her picture. And she couldn't hear me telling her to wait....

She made it!

After she slid down, she said that she didn't realize how narrow the slides were. (She was okay)
I asked her if she wanted help getting up.... she said, 'no'. She's kind of stubborn that way. =)

Once Barrett saw me take a picture of Mamo like this, he wanted me to take his picture too!


Just a few more pictures....





We had a good time and we are looking forward to more fun times!!! =)


No comments: