Monday, August 3, 2015

January 2015 - one month at a time!

If you are new to reading my blog, you will find that I get on a roll and write a ton of blogs in a row and I take a ton of pictures and then I fall of the face of the Earth!  Well, that is what happened to me earlier this year... I was busy at work, busy homeschooling Jayna, etc.  Every time I set down to blog, I just threw my hands up and said, "I'll do it later..."  

Here I am now with a few more weeks before I have to go back to work and I have committed to getting this caught up and trying to stay on top of current events and the going-ons in my crazy head!

The local private school asked Jayna to play on a basketball team of 4th-6th graders.  Jayna was only in 3rd and had never played basketball, but she is tall and she was available because she's homeschooled!  Win- win!

Most of my pictures are blurry of her, but she's number 32
Eager to get in the game!


Away game...


Sister's biggest fan!

Another perk of Jayna being homeschooled means that we can go do work stuff and fun stuff all in one day!  I had a closing in the morning and she went with me to that.
Then we had another closing further from home...  
After the 2nd closing, we went to have lunch with my Uncle Claude.  That was a nice treat for us!

When lunch was over, we went to visit a customer/friend of mine and she let Jayna ride her horse.



This is one of my most favorite pictures of Jayna.
She is so happy!

She also collected some eggs from the chickens



Saturday, January 10th, we took George for his first haircut!

I loved his sweet baby hair, but he was starting to look like a girl from the back....
We needed something cooler than that!

He did really well sitting in the chair and watching the show while they cut his hair.

Not so much of a baby now....  :(

Looking good so far....

That tickles!  What are you doing to me?

Whew!  He survived, but wouldn't look at the camera. 


A few days later,... we got this!
We had decided right after Christmas that we would try for one more baby and BAM!  January 14th, we had a positive test.  I called the doctor's office and they had be come in to do blood work that day.
Everything looked good on all of the initial blood draws.  Nothing pointed to an issue.  Nothing made us think that we would lose another baby, but we decided to be cautious by not buying a ton of stuff and waiting on a baby shower.  And you know the rest of the story...

The next weekend, we went to Abilene for a birthday party and look who was there:
 ELSA! (from Frozen)

Jayna had been wanting curly hair for some time now.  I broke down and bought a curling iron which is so strange for a girl like me.  I haven't owned a curling iron in years and years.
She looks so grown up with her hair curled.  She let me do it for a few weeks, but she is pretty much just over it now.  :(

It finally warmed up enough for George to play with his sand box.
Wait!  Where's George?????  Haha!

One day at work was really slow for me, so Jayna and 
I went to the museum to see a show in the planetarium

Then we moseyed on over to the stock show area for lunch and look at the animals.
We couldn't resist a picture with these two guys!

Jayna won a straw cowgirl hat to complete her ensemble

Llama, Llama, get me out of here Mama!

We love looking at the pretty show cows.

And these are the things I want to add to our farm....

And Jayna wants rabbits, but we told her that we will only get them if she is okay raising them for meat and she has to help take care of them.  

Jayna, the know-it-all  ;)
I love my smart science girl!



Petting Zoo

She finally agreed to the above conditions....
 Jayna with Isabella Bunny (Flemish Giant)
George with a stuffed bunny
Barrett with Bugsy Pants (New Zealand Red)
When bred together, the meat will taste good and the rabbits grow a little larger.
They are all pretty gentle, but they love to roam, so we have to watch them carefully


This year, we decided to start our garden a little different.  We bought a small greenhouse to get the cauliflower and broccoli started.  They did really well for the first few weeks and we thought this was going to be the way that we would start other veggies.  The cold weather kept us from transplanting and eventually, they molded and we threw them out.  :(  Live and learn!


George loves animals too, but he gets scared of them very quickly.

Our back yard neighbor had some old chicken coops that he wanted to get rid of, so we got the tractor and picked them up!  
This is how it's done in the country.... watch carefully and don't try this at home!


Every dad needs a helper!

Jayna is eager to learn how to drive the tractor!

George is confused about why the rabbits are moving.


 I think they like their new homes...

And, we found a monkey and a bear that are considering renting the rabbit's old space!  ;)
I don't know why the kids love to play in animals cages, but as long as they aren't hurting themselves or others, I guess it's alright.  Maybe it will help them to not be claustrophobic when they grow up!  LOL

George decided to taste test the baby carrots.  

He likes it!  He really likes it!  (for today)


We had a lot more fun in January, but the next set of pictures deserves it's own separate blog entry.  I will get caught up quick, quick!  I hope that you enjoy the pictures and lighthearted stories!

No comments: