Monday, August 31, 2015

April - 2015

So... I skipped April and May's blog post and photos, because the first picture in my June file was so darn cute that I couldn't help but write a post about it right then and there!  :)

I will let the older kids work on a blog post for your reading pleasure at another time, but they are in bed now.  I normally type up my blogs at night, because that is when it is most quiet and the thoughts are more easily conveyed.  The funny thing is that the it's during the day that more of the thoughts go through my head and I think, "I should write about that."  Then I sit down to write and can't remember.... oh well, you get what you get when you read this blog!  :)

April is one of my most favorite months of the year, because it's not as cold outside.  It's also one of my favorite months, because my birthday is in April!  ;)

Barrett's school was hosting an invention/engineering night.  I took Jayna and Barrett up there and they made rockets, helicopters, and played with snap circuits.

I remembered doing these snap circuits when I was younger and I loved them!
I ordered the kids a basic set.  I refrained from purchasing a 750 piece set.  
Bonham would have killed me! Haha! We have fun with the set that we have, but we will definitely need to upgrade before too long...

Jayna likes to read in some weird places.  She didn't stay like this very long.
I think the blood was rushing to her head and her arms were getting tired!

April is also the time that our bluebonnets finally started popping up.  
There weren't a ton of them, but hopefully, over the years, we will have more and more.

George has watched Jayna and Barrett play on their computers and he was jealous, so he pulled out the Leap Frog Keyboard.  It wasn't connected to anything, but he had fun pushing the buttons.

He's so precious...


One cool morning, we headed to the local park to attend the annual Easter Egg Hunt.
Nana wasn't able to make it this year, so George stayed home with Bonham
and I took the older kids.  

This is their sad face, because Nana wasn't there.....

And these are our happy faces, because we are!

On your mark, get set.....
GO!!!!!


Their baskets overflowing!  :)




After the Easter Egg Hunt, we were invited to a dear friends' house for lunch!
When we arrived, they were bathing their newest baby calf: Luigi

It was a family affair and they made us feel like part of the family!
Ashleigh and Jayna driving the four wheeler:

Greg and George on the four wheeler

Beautiful baby... I love baby animals.

Tighe and Tighe Jr. digging up the pig that is roasting underground...
I didn't even know that this was a thing!

Here piggy, piggy....


Not gonna lie... this was the best pork I have ever had!  It was tender and juicy.
Hopefully, they will invite us back when they do it again!


Because we couldn't get enough chaos in one day, we had our nieces come for a visit while their parents went to a wedding near by.  We were rushed, rushed all day from one event to another, but no one cared.  We had a blast and got some really good pictures too!
These are Robert and Julie's grandchildren (minus 1)

The babies... Elissa and George

Oh, Brielle!

The kids played in the sandbox, fed some animals, rode on the 4 wheeler with uncle Bonham, and had some quality time with their cousins!

It wasn't too long after that day that we picked up this little guy: Pee Wee.
My goat.  :(  I miss that sweet, cuddly guy.

The weather was still cool enough that we wanted build a fire pit to roast marshmallows.
I started digging and Barrett came over and offered to help. 
He's so sweet.... He only last a few tries, but he gets an 'E' for effort!

Once we got the whole dug and got our camping chairs out, we sat around, snuggled our goat, and then had s'mores!  Fun times in the country!


The following week, Bonham and I had an ultrasound at Weatherford college.  They have a program that allows students to perform them under the supervision of the instructor.  If there was any cause for concern, they would end the session and refer us to our regular doctor.  This is good practice for the students, it lets your see your baby an extra time, and it was only $10 dollars!
We went into the appointment referring to the baby as a boy.  The instructor did her initial scan marked some things and then was about to hand off to the student and we said, "Can you tell what we are having?"  She said, "Yes, it's a boy.  I saw that right away and thought you knew!"  LOL
We discussed names and I was pretty set on Bowie.  Bonham said he was 95% sure.

We picked up the kids from my mom and we went to the park for them to open their gifts, revealing the gender of the baby.
I took a video of it and let's just say that they weren't all that impressed.  Of course, they will love and play with any baby, but they were hoping for a sister.

Here is Bowie:

Jayna and Barrett played a little more at the park to get some energy out.


And then we picked up this stinker magoo from daycare.
At this point, we were still trying to help him understand that there was a baby in my tummy.
I'm pretty sure that he had it figured out before we delivered, because he would talk to BooBoo, kiss my belly, and want to watch and feel Bowie move.

We attended a birthday party in the park that weekend and the kids enjoyed some extremely messy cake!  Thank goodness for baby wipes!

This is the birthday girl, Baby E (Eleanor)


Caption this on your own...


Taking her for a ride on the town!


We decided to try our hand at giving George a hair cut at home, like Barrett and Bonham do, instead of taking him to a salon.  See below....
BEFORE


AFTER


The one good thing about this is that I can style it with little spikes and have Barrett and George have matching hair (when they both agree to cooperate)

This is a picture of Barrett at just over 2 years old:

George's side by side comparison of before and after...

Barrett and George's side by side comparison at around 2 years of age:
Sometimes, I think that they look so much alike... you can definitely tell that they came from the same gene pool, but they have some features different from each other.  They have some similar mannerisms that remind us of when Barrett was younger.  These two are such good buddies and I love that they have each other.

Now to get Jayna that sister she wants..... haha!  ;)

I don't think we really celebrated my birthday very much or if we did, I didn't take any pictures.  I will have to dig for some.  Oh well!  There is always next year.  Heck, there is always tomorrow!  I could bake myself a cake tomorrow!  :)

No comments: