Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Being Thankful - Day 13

I am so thankful for the time I have had off.  There is not much more to elaborate on other than I have enjoyed it so much and could have used more! 

Each time I've had to go back to work after having a baby, I haven't been ready.  Surprise, Surprise.  I've never taken off more than 8 weeks for maternity leave.  I know that there are some women who don't even get 6 weeks off - I have a friend who worked from her hospital bed and kept working (no maternity leave).  She is much stronger than I am.  I would be a nervous wreck!  This time, I took off just shy of 7 weeks.  I don't think I would be ready even if I took off a full 12 weeks though.  It's just too difficult to do that in my line of work.  Fortunately, I have a good husband that helps me get back in the swing of things and my babies are always in good hands with him. 

I've enjoyed this time with George, the big kids, and Bonham too.  I have been able to sit and hold my baby, feed him, take naps, and spend extra time with Jayna and Barrett after school.  My normal routine when I am working is that I get up, have very little time with the kids, go to work, come home, eat, work some, put the kids to bed, and work a little more before bed.  My new company is in full support of the work-life balance.  I just hope that I can balance it too...


I'm going to miss these snuggles...


 

No comments: