I am thankful for our church!
A few years ago, we were invited to a church in Weatherford, but we thought that the drive might be too far to commit to every Sunday. We looked at churches closer to our house, but we didn't like them enough to go back a second time. Just before Easter of this year, we received a post card from this same church in Weatherford that we had been invited to years before. We made the drive out there and decided that it wasn't too bad... only 20 minutes from our house. And our thought was that if we were going to commit to getting up and going to church, did it really matter if it was an extra 10-15 minutes? A commitment is a commitment.
The first Sunday we went, they announced a new Sunday school class starting the next weekend and we wanted to check it out. So we went back and we have been going ever since - we joined the church in May. The church has so many different ways to connect and get involved.
Bonham went with a group of people from the church to climb the Guadalupe Peak
(the highest point in Texas). Here are some pictures from that:
![]() |
| The clouds rolling in... |
![]() |
| Bonham at the top of Texas |
![]() |
| The highest bridge in Texas |
![]() |
| This point is called El Capitan |
While on this trip, Bonham got to know more people at our church and was able to get plugged into the Men's Ministry team. The leader of the Men's Ministry, Larry and his wife Shelley, who also heads up the Women's Ministry at our church, help lead the Sunday school class and a small group. They are such great people! There are so many great people at this church. We have met a lot of couples with kids around the same age as ours too.
Every time we went looking for a church home, I had a list of criteria... I wanted the church to be big enough to have good child care, big enough to have options for things to be involved in, good music/worship, and a good message. I also wanted a church that was small enough that we could make friends and not get lost in the crowd. That is a hard balance to find, but we have in this church! The services are laid back, the music is great, the people are nice, the child care/Kids' programs are better than I could have ever expected... I could go on. :)
I am very thankful for our church and all the people there.




No comments:
Post a Comment