I am thankful for our health!
If you remember about this time last year, health was a big concern with Barrett's surgery.... I think before then, we kind of took our family's health for granted. No more though. I am so thankful for the health of my children, my husband, and my own health.
Barrett had a follow up with his cardiologist yesterday. We had this appointment scheduled before my training in Alabama and since the doctor was booked through January, we had to keep the appointment. My mom was able to take Barrett; thank goodness! His blood pressure was down a little from the last visit a few months back, so they are letting us reduce his blood pressure medicine slightly and we will see how he responds. If it looks good in a week, we can keep the lower dose. It if goes back up, she will most likely have him keep the higher dose.
The echocardiogram looked good. They said there was still a little narrowing (in the aorta), but our understanding is that as the blood flow increases, some of that will still correct itself. It's a slow healing process internally. The cardiologist is not quite ready to let Barrett go a year between visits, so he will follow up in 9 months. I am happy with that. I like that they want to monitor him. We didn't know anything was wrong to begin with, so I'm not sure that I could tell if anything was wrong now.
Everyone else is healthy... Bonham had his tonsils taken out about a year ago and his allergies have improved tremendously. Jayna has always had bad allergies too, but recently she was put on a daily allergy pill and a nose spray and I have been able to see a huge improvement! George is 8 weeks old today and doing great. Since he was born, he has had some issues with sensitive skin, but that is something that he gets from the Calk side of the family. Other than that, he is great! I have been healthy too - I have lost over 20 pounds since George was born and I feel great! I would like to lose another 40-50 pounds over the next year and a half. With nursing and the exercising that I will eventually start doing (haha!), I can do it!
Thank you Lord for the health of my family! May we continue to stay healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment