Sunday, November 24, 2013

Being Thankful - Day 24

I am thankful for Wal-Mart!

As silly as it may sound, I am thankful for this retail giant.  I can’t tell you how much of our monthly budget goes here.  Well, I could tell you, but I won’t…  ;)  Let me just say that they get a lot of our money!  And why wouldn't they?  They have groceries, toiletries, baby stuff, toys, clothes… need I go on?  You get the point.

I just wish that I had heard better things about the behind-the-scenes operations.  I hope that the Waltons are good people who treat their employees fairly.  They employ a ton of people across the country, but they also make a ton of money in the process!  I read somewhere that each store does millions of dollars in sales per day.  I don't remember the exact number, but it was shocking!


There isn't much to elaborate on other than the fact that I am thankful to have a Wal-Mart only 10-12 minutes away when we live in the country.  I remember living in Aubrey (near Denton) and we had to drive 20 minutes (one-way) to get to the grocery store.  I understand there is a Wal-Mart out there now and I know that some of my old neighbors are thankful for their Wal-Mart too!

No comments: