Sunday, November 3, 2013

Being Thankful - Day 3

I have said it before and I will say it again... I am so incredibly thankful for my husband, Bonham!

I love Bonham more today than I did when we were dating, more than when we married, more than I did yesterday.  Bonham has a great sense of humor and always makes me laugh... even if it's the same joke that I have heard a million times.  He is patient and understanding with me.  And one thing that I have always appreciated is that he loves me.  Sound silly?  I don't think so... and let me tell you why.  I have friends and know of other women who don't feel attractive to their husbands; they don't feel appreciated, etc.  Bonham definitely finds me attractive.  ;)  He always builds me up and encourages me.  He compliments me and spoils me everyday.  Let me give you an example (ladies, you will appreciate this)... when I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off, he will ask me, "What can I do to help you?" and before he sits down in his recliner, he will ask, "Is there anything you need while I am up?"  Keeper, right?  I know!

Bonham and I have 3 beautiful children and he is the best stay-at-home dad.  I am spoiled by him being home and taking care of everything on a daily basis, caring for the kids, etc.  And on top of everything he does for me, he still lets me sleep in!  For anyone reading this who has known me for a long period of time, I require a lot of sleep! 

Bonham is a handsome handy man who can fix or build anything.  He's a good kisser and he gets more attractive every year with every new gray hair in his goatee and every new wrinkle around his eyes.  (And he might be blushing when he reads this post)

I could go on and on, but you might think that I am just making stuff up at this point!  ;)  Simply put, he is awesome and I am so thankful that he is my husband!  :)

I would like to share the story of how we met... for those of you who don't know the story.  And for those of you who do know the story, I hope you enjoy the recap!

December 9, 2003 - Bonham and I met on a Christian dating site.  We talked for several hours online.  The first line of his profile caught my attention right away.  It said something along the line of "Looks are not important to me.  I know that God will make my wife the most beautiful woman in my eyes."  That would make any girl melt!  Bonham and I were both in our free 7 day trial when we met each other, so we cancelled our membership before they charged us!  We had both been looking at each others' profiles, so I sent him a message to start a conversation.  Hours went by and he hadn't responded.  He finally messaged me, "Hello" and I replied with, "It's about time!"  Come to find out, Bonham had a pop-up blocker on his computer, so he never received my message.  Oops!  Well, it still worked out for us in the end!
Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - We spoke on the phone for 5 hours!  During this conversation, we talked about marriage and our children.  Then we realized that was crazy talk and that we didn't know each other well enough to talk this way.  We would change the subject, but somehow we would end up talking about those same things again!  The Lord knew from day one that we were supposed to have a future together!
December 11, 2003 - We talked online again for about 4 hours.  Everyday after that, we talked on the phone and very rarely talked online anymore.
December 16, 2003 - Bonham and I met in person for the first time, because I drove to Abilene (like a crazy woman).  I would never, ever advise a young woman to drive 2+ hours to meet someone that she met online, but it did work well for me.  Haha!  Just in case you were wondering, I told my roommate the address of where I was going and I gave her all of Bonham's information... driver's license number, phone number, etc.  Not that this makes it anymore safe, but it all worked out.  :)
December 18, 2003 - Bonham came to Fort Worth to pick me up for a date and he met my parents.  Every weekend after that, one of us was driving to see the other. 
January 4, 2004 - I met Bonham's parents and we decided to make our relationship official that day (cheesy, I know).

At various points in our (very) early dating relationship, multiple people told us that they thought we were 'the one' for the other.  Pretty cool that others saw it.  I think we had an idea, but felt strange saying it so soon! 

May 22, 2004 - We got engaged! 
January 8, 2005 - We got married!

Our 9 year anniversary is a little more than 2 months away! 
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.  ;)
I'm not sure what Bonham was saying to me, but I like this picture because it seems like us!


I'll be honest, we don't have a ton of pictures together, but I remembered these more recent ones...


 
Best daddy and husband!
Barrett says that when he grows up he wants to be a daddy! 
What a great example Bonham has shown him.
Jayna is always commenting on how she hopes her husband will (      fill in the blank   ).
One morning when Bonham was making me an egg for breakfast, she said, "I hope my husband will make me eggs."  While our roles are non-traditional, I think they are BEST for our family.  Everyone is happy and that is what matters most!
 
 
Love you Bonham!  Thank you for all that you do for me and our beautiful babies!  :)

No comments: