Monday, November 18, 2013

Being Thankful - Day 18

I am thankful for running water!
 
That seems so simple, but did you realize that in 2005 only half of the world had running water in their homes?  I know that some people choose to use out houses and well that they go get their water from, but I am talking more about the people who can't afford water or the people who live in places where clean water isn't an option.
 
How sad.  These are the kinds of things that we can easily take for granted.  We use the restroom and flush the toilet.  Wash your hands.  Brush your teeth.  Shower for too long, because you can.  Take a bubble bath.  Boil chicken for dinner.  Wash your dishes.  Rinse your fruits and vegetables.  Wash your clothes.  Water your yard.  Make lemonade.  Wash your car.  Let the kids play in the sprinkler.  Get some ice for your drink.  Mop your floors.  Rinse off your baby's pacifier (real life stuff here!).  I'm sure there are other things that I am leaving out, but you get the point.  We are so lucky to live in a place where we can do these things.
 
Next time you turn on your faucet, think of those who don't have this luxury and be thankful.

No comments: