Friday, November 8, 2013

Being Thankful - Day 8

I am thankful for my in-laws, Robert and Julie!  Without them, I wouldn't have Bonham...

I first met Robert and Julie on January 4, 2004.  This was their anniversary and I remember being so nervous to meet them.  I wasn't sure if they would like me or not.  As far as I know, they did, so that's good. ;)

When Bonham and I first started dating, I told him that I really didn't like to eat fajitas or grilled chicken.  On that first meeting, Bonham's family had fajitas.  Haha!  I didn't say anything and I asked Bonham not to say anything either.  They were the best fajitas I had ever eaten and ever since then, it's one of my favorite meals.  The next time I went to visit in Abilene, his dad was grilling the chicken and Bonham spilled the beans that I wasn't a fan.  I was so embarrassed.  I ate the chicken and I have to admit, it was pretty good.  :)  It just took meeting Robert and Julie to get me to like grilled foods more!

Robert and Julie instantly welcomed me into their family and made me feel comfortable and loved.  They are great in-laws and grandparents to our babies.  Julie is one of the sweetest people that you will ever meet and she is great cook!  Robert is a jokester like Bonham and he loves to rowel up the kids... so much so that Bonham has had to put him in time out! 

 
Here are some pictures of my in-laws:
Grandpa and Jayna napping - 2006

Robert, Julie, and Bonham at our wedding - Jan 8, 2005
Robert and Julie at our wedding
Hello Julie!  She's so happy all the time!
Grandma trying to wrestle Santa's little helpers
And Grandpa really wrestling  with them!

This picture was taken at the recent photo shoot
Grandpa and Jayna - June 2006
Grandma and Jayna at Jayna's first birthday
Grandma, George, and Grandpa - Sept 25, 2013
Barrett and Grandpa pumpkin carving - 2012
Bonham and his mom

 
Hanging out at Cabela's because we couldn't go camping - Oct 2012

Grandma visiting Barrett after his surgery

Grandpa reading to Barrett while he rests in the hospital

Bonham and mom - October 2012
Grandma (Julie), Jayna, Me, Rachel, and Erin (my sister-in-laws) - June 2006

Bonham and Julie - Sept 26, 2013
Grandpa and George - Sept 26, 2013
 
Thank you Robert and Julie for all that you have done for us, for raising Bonham to be such a great husband and father.  Thank you for loving me as your daughter and thank you for spoiling your grandchildren.  Thank you for being great role models and showing Bonham and I how to be a supportive and loving couple.  We love you both!

No comments: