(this post would have been up sooner, but our internet hasn't been working since we got home) :(
Today, I am thankful for the little vacation that Bonham I got to take for my training this last week in Birmingham and I am thankful to be back! The hotel was nice, but there is no place like home.
During our trip, Jayna and Barrett stayed with my parents, because they had school. Since I am nursing George, we can't be away from each other for that many days! :)
Packing for a family of 5 to be away from home for a week was not an easy task! At least the big kids could just come over if they needed something that I had forgotten to send with them.
On Saturday night, I stayed up late to keep packing and Bonham went to bed, since he would be doing the most driving. My plan was to pack until George woke up to eat and then I would go to bed too. That happened to be the night that George decided to sleep a longer stretch than normal. I decided to try to go to sleep and let him wake me up in 30 minutes or so when he was ready. As I drifted off, he woke up, so I fed him, but he wasn't ready to go back to sleep just yet! :) I didn't get to sleep until about 3:00am.
We woke up at 5:30(ish) on Sunday to get ready. We left at 6:45am for the 700 mile trip.
We were all sleepy...
It took us almost 14 hours to get there with the stops we made. Bonham has only been out of Texas to visit Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, and Nevada. This is was his and George's first time to go into Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, so we had to take pictures, of course!
Our first stop for George to eat and Bonham and I to stretch our legs was in Kilgore,TX:
We made it to Louisiana!
I was trying to get a picture of George alone with the sigm but that didn't work...
We passed through Monroe, LA and we just had to stop at the Duck Commander Warehouse!
It was right off the main road and very easy to find.
Back on the road... going into Mississippi!
Jayna called me a few times to see where we were. At one point, she asked, "What country are you in?" I laughed and said, "I am in the United States. I won't be leaving the country."
She cracks me up!
It was dark when we crossed into Alabama, so we didn't take a picture of that welcome sign. On our way back, it was raining, so we didn't stop then either. We did pick up some Alabama shirts and postcards to remember our trip though!
We got to Birmingham around 9:30pm. The hotel was so nice! It's one of the nicer places that I have stayed in - good breakfast in the morning, comfortable bed, the room didn't smell, all the good stuff... :)
Breakfast the next morning....
Regions Welcomes Me!!! :)
My training started on Monday at 1:00pm and we had training from 8:30 to 5:30 Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and wrapped up on Friday at 12:00pm.
This was the view from the cafeteria:
We couldn't have gone at a more perfect time of year... with the leaves changing colors. The weather was kind of cool, but not too cold. Which is good, because I forgot to pack our jackets! Bonham bought us some fleece hoodies at Wal-Mart to get us by though.
This was the view from the cafeteria:
We couldn't have gone at a more perfect time of year... with the leaves changing colors. The weather was kind of cool, but not too cold. Which is good, because I forgot to pack our jackets! Bonham bought us some fleece hoodies at Wal-Mart to get us by though.
![]() |
| I haven't been drinking... just very, very tired! |
George and Bonham hung out in the hotel, went to the mall to walk around, drove around to see the sights, and went to Wal-mart to pass the time. When training was over, we had dinner and then relaxed at the hotel each night. It was kind of strange having just one child to take care of again.
George having a photo shoot with Daddy!
George turned 8 weeks old while we were there:
George having a photo shoot with Daddy!
George turned 8 weeks old while we were there:
One night, we drove to Alexander City, AL to meet with my Great Uncles, James and Jerome and Jerome's wife Faye for dinner. They live in Columbus and this was about the halfway point. It was nice to meet up with them and visit. I was glad that they had a chance to meet George. We hope to be able to take all of the kids to Georgia soon, so that they can meet more of my extended family.
My Uncle Jerome with George:
My Uncle James with George:
Aunt Faye (Jerome's wife) with George:
Jerome and James are my dad's uncles on his dad's side:
On the way back, we drove by the University of Alabama campus and took some pictures. We didn't get out, because the campus was crowded, George had just gone to sleep, and we knew we had a long drive ahead of us...
Meanwhile, back in Texas....
My mom and Dad (AKA: Nana and Papa) were taking care of Jayna and Barrett. Tuesday was a busy day for them... Barrett had a follow up appointment with his cardiologist and Jayna had a Thanksgiving lunch at school. Nana took Barrett to his appointment, while Papa had lunch with Jayna. Barrett would have had this same lunch, but I couldn't move his appointment. When I tried to move it after I found out about the Thanksgiving lunch, the doctor's office told me there wasn't an open spot until after January. These appointments fill up fast and we normally schedule them a month or more in advance. It was important for him to be there and fortunately, their schedules all worked out!
Nana and Barrett waiting for the doctor...
Jayna and Papa at the Thanksgiving lunch:
Nana and Barrett waiting for the doctor...
That was exhausting!
Jayna and Papa at the Thanksgiving lunch:
Dinner at Nana and Papa's - fun!
Barrett also had a school play on Friday morning. I am waiting for pictures from my mom and then I will post them. I hated that we had to miss the play, but I was able to purchase a DVD of the performance. Barrett said that there will be another play, so that's good!
I am thankful to be back home, thankful that the company covered the expense for me to go to training, thankful for the thorough training, thankful for my husband making the trip with me, and very thankful to my parents for keeping the big kids!
We got in at 2:00am Saturday morning and we unloaded all of our things, fed the baby, and went to bed. We got a solid 6 hours of sleep! :) I missed our house, our bed, and our chairs!













































No comments:
Post a Comment