Today, I am thankful for something that is kind of a touchy subject... fertility. I am thankful to be able to get pregnant and maintain my pregnancies to term.
When we got pregnant with Jayna, we were so naïve to think that you were supposed to do the deed, get pregnant, and carry a healthy baby to term, and that's it. No complications, no chance of loss, etc. As mentioned in a previous post, we didn't know much about timing ovulation when we decided to have a baby. I just went off birth control and hoped for the best. After a month or two, we were pregnant.
During our pregnancy with Jayna, I had a neighbor who miscarried; I had friend who struggled to get pregnant and when she did, she miscarried (multiple times); I had a sister-in-law who was also struggling with infertility and eventually did in-vitro fertilization. Since then, I have known even more women who have gone through fertility treatments and pregnancy loss. And during that time, I have tried and conceived 3 times and delivered healthy babies. Most of my friends have ended up getting pregnant and delivering babies, but some are still try waiting. My heart goes out to them. I am so impatient and I have never had to experience the months and/or years of waiting for that positive test. I can't imagine what they went/go through. I am also thankful for the doctors that have helped my friends and sister-in-laws to get pregnant and deliver their babies.
If you are reading this, please take the time to say a prayer for all of those mothers, current and future. If you have experienced the loss of a child, know that we are praying for you too. If you are trying to conceive, may you be blessed with a baby soon.
1 comment:
I'm thankful that you didn't have any struggles, my friend!! God has blessed you guys, and I pray that He gives you at least one more healthy baby! =) Even though you had no complications, you have always been so sweet, kind, and thoughtful to those of us who were struggling! Love you!!
Post a Comment